The resources on this page are dedicated to helping you through the process of becoming a volunteer. If you should have specific questions about the process, you may speak with either Denise Fogelsanger or Chrissy Hoffner. Please submit all completed documents, including clearances, to the church office.
Thank you in advance for your commitment and service to our next generation!
Volunteer Information Checklist
This checklist has been created for you as you prepare to serve as a volunteer.
- Completed Volunteer Application
- Pennsylvania State Police Clearance (Criminal Check)
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance
- FBI background check
- Completed Mandated Reporter Training
*There is more information on the clearances at Background Checks & Clearances
We respectfully request that you compile the required information and submit it together, at the same time (this alleviates any confusion in tracking down the required information). You may submit your information packet to to the church office.
REMINDER: Keep a copy of all documentation for your personal records before forwarding to the church office. We appreciate your prompt attention to this very important matter!
Below, you can check the personal records documents and where you can obtain them with important instructions:
- Pennsylvania State Police Criminal History Website: https://epatch.pa.gov/home/
- Please select “New Volunteer Record Check” when you enter the site and start the process. There is no charge for unpaid volunteer.
- Please be sure to provide a valid email address, as PATCH will send messages stating that the clearance request was received; and when your clearance results are completed and ready to be reviewed and printed.
- Print two copies–one for your records and one to submit.
- Child Abuse History Clearance Website: https://www.compass.state.pa.us/CWIS
- It is helpful to collect the following information prior to beginning your submission:
- Addresses where you have previously lived
- Names of all individuals with whom you have lived including parents, guardians, siblings, spouses, etc.
- Any previous names you have used or have been known by
- The code provided to you.
- You will first create an individual account and then login to complete your request. When completing this clearance application, please select “Volunteer” as the reason for the request. Once you select the volunteer option, select “Other” as the Volunteer Category and as the Agency Name you can enter “Grantham Brethren in Christ Church”. There is no charge for volunteer purposes.
- Request a paper version.
- Results will be emailed/mailed to you within 14 days of submission. Print two copies–one for your records and one to submit.
- FBI Background Check Website: https://uenroll.identogo.com/
- The cost for this clearance is $21.85. When completing this online application, please enter 1KG6ZJ as your Service Code. Enter the code given to you by Denise or Chrissy to pay for the service or you may pay (no cash or personal checks) once you get fingerprinted. Submit your receipt to Denise or Chrissy for reimbursement. You will choose the location that is most convenient to you when you pre-register. Bring your confirmation sheet and your form of identification that you choose during your pre-registration process.